Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Monday 3 June 2013

"Girl Clock" at Brisbane Library

Movie Poster for Girl Clock

I've never been the type of girl who cooed over babies. Not to say that I don't find them cute - some are, some aren't. I only started liking them when my brother had his little one, my niece - the most perfect little thing I ever saw just hours after she was born. And if the friends I love had babies, I slowly develop affection for them too but the way I see it, it's something that might happen later, but only when I find the right man. Hey, that's just me.

A friend of mine was telling me that sometimes, men will avoid her, once they find out her age, as they think she will want to settle down and start having babies straight away! On the other hand, I've also talked to women who have always wanted babies and often I find, they will settle with a partner just so they can start having them - hell, some of them don't even care if the partner is or isn't going to be around in the future! That's what this film "Girl Clock" is about.

About 10-15 people piled into the theatrette at the Brisbane Square Library and we watched how a group of women in their early 40s feel about life and their place in society. I would actually prefer to watch it again as the high-pitched laughs and loud exclamations of curiosity/confusion of one woman smothered much of the dialogue. Being a Brisbane production, the actors and producers were able to participate in discussions afterwards with cheese and wine. Further movies will be held on the first Friday of every month so keep an eye out!

More Brisbane Events can be found at:
Making Cosplay Wings with Frances Foo at Brisbane Square Library; and
BrisStyle indie Twilight markets in King George Square, Brisbane City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.