Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Thursday 30 May 2013

Making Cosplay Wings with Frances Foo at Brisbane Square Library

artistic photo of Cosplay wings against a green lawn, my boots and bag

Cosplay is short for Costume Play. You might have heard of huge conventions where people get all dressed up to look like anime/ fictional characters – I think I saw photos of a friend who got all dressed up for the EB Games Expo! She informs me she went as Zoey from Left4Dead. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in it for the costumes but I’m a big fan of arts and crafts, and even a bigger one of the daydreaming that I know I’ll be doing whilst making the wings! In fact, I was one of the last to finish! :P

Frances Foo is a costume designer and actor on theatre sets, as well as a dedicated "Cosplayer", entering competitions all over the world. I had a brief chat with her while she helped me make my wings – I love the creativity! There was this girl who was so into it that she cut up her jacket to get her wings to poke through the back! She was looking forward to wearing her wings home on public transport! Haha! Each to their own! I just wanted something dreamy and pretty to put in my bedroom.

Wings made - Workshop done. Check! :) 


More Brisbane Events can be found at:
BrisStyle indie Twilight Markets at King George Square, Brisbane City; and 

"Girl Clock" at Brisbane Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.