Blog Feature Image

Blog Feature Image

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Taste-Testing and Entertainment at Asian Cooking Classes

photo of small group of people seated in front of a cooking stage

On the way to the Fortitude Valley Markets, I walk through Chinatown and was bemused by the large amount of people giggling whilst they watched a lady cooking. I stood still for a few minutes, listening to her hold their attention by teaching them to count and name ingredients in Cantonese, loudly, humorously. As the audience was so captivated and I was just given a recipe, I sat down and enjoyed the rest of the experience. The lady in front introduced herself as a home cook and walked the audience through cooking a good Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs in two ways. The aromas whet our appetites and eventually, when the food was ready, we eagerly line up to grab a portion for our taste-testing. These classes take place every Saturday from midday to 1:30pm.

lovers embracing

I wanted to know where I stand. What is going on? Which part is how you are choosing to act? and which part is a reflection of what you're going through? I hear the guy upstairs breathing as he sleeps at night - it offers me comfort and lulled my heart into a well-deserved peaceful sleep, if only for a night.


Other fun Brisbane Events can be found at:
Making Cosplay Wings with Frances Foo at Brisbane Square Library;
BrisStyle indie Twilight markets in King George Square, Brisbane City; and
"Girl Clock" at Brisbane Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your thoughts - Raise some issues, Share your insights.